RE: Cost to redesign a company website

Subject: RE: Cost to redesign a company website
From: "Rob Partridge" <rob -at- holly -dot- com -dot- au>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 10:08:15 +1100

Hi Marjorie,

When I first read this I read it as $10,000 of which $8000 was for the
password protection (done with cgi it could be set up in short order, or
many other ways...). Even then I thought it was too high. But $18,000!!
Pick me! Whew. Maybe I ought to get back into webdesign for a living!!
Way too high. From the spec you've given here, it would take me less
than a few days to set up once the design was finalised (that's the bit
that takes time, making sure you and the designer are in accord). Given
that most of the content is already there, it is a fairly simple matter
to cut and paste into a template. There's nothing complicated here about
your requirements (of course I've only got what you said here to go on).

I'd get other quotes. Or maybe put an ad out for a contract web
designer. There are bucket loads out there. Exploit their skills for a
couple of months, then move on. You'd get more out of them and still
have paid much less than what this co is charging.

Rob

Marjorie -dot- Borchard -at- acistmedical -dot- com asked:

> We are redesigning our company website, and I am wondering if
> the estimate from a vendor is reasonable [$18000].

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com