IBM moving 4,700 hi-tech jobs to Asia

Subject: IBM moving 4,700 hi-tech jobs to Asia
From: "Goldstein, Dan" <DGoldstein -at- DeusTech -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 15:27:43 -0500

See article at http://tinyurl.com/zcs5

>From the article: "More than 900 people are already scheduled to be told of
the move in the first half of 2004, while another 3,700 jobs have been
identified as having the 'potential to move offshore...' The division
affected is IBM's Application Management Services group, part of Big Blue's
huge technology services division. The IBM facilities where workers could be
replaced include offices in Dallas, Southbury, Connecticut, Poughkeepsie,
New York, Raleigh, North Carolina, and Boulder, Colorado."

I'd be curious to know if anyone on the list has additional info as to how
the 4,600+ jobs are divided among programmers, writers, managers, testers,
etc.

And if we could all keep from shouting our well-known positions on the
general subject of off-shoring and concentrate on the details of this
particular example -- so much the better.

Dan Goldstein

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com