RE: What's the definition of a published author

Subject: RE: What's the definition of a published author
From: "Downing, David" <DavidDowning -at- Users -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 14:37:57 -0500

Right. I had forgotten about that distinction, but it seems like a theoretical one. If you have to register the work before you can take legal action against someone for an infringement, it seems like registration is necessary for all practical purposes.

In any case, the requirements for submitting a copy of a published vs. an unpublished work and the accompanying legal definition of publication are still at issue.