My own problem in RoboHelp

Subject: My own problem in RoboHelp
From: k k <turnleftatnowhere -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 12:20:13 -0800 (PST)

This is also posted on the RoboHelp forum:

I'm running RH 2002, build .949, on a Windows XP
system. It keeps taking topic pages I've created and
making them duplicates of each other.

For instance, I have this in the TOC:

Running Reports
Report X
Report Y
Report Z

When I select "Report Z" in the TOC, I expect to see
the visible title and the content on how to run Report
Z in the WYSIWYG pane. But when I select "Report Z,"
in the WYSIWYG pane I see the visible title and
content for running Report X. So I apparently have
two copies of the page for Report X. But when I look
at the topic properties, the topic title for the page
that is supposed to be Report Z still reads "Report
Z."

Sometimes RoboHelp duplicates only the visible topic
at the top of the topic page. Sometimes it duplicates
everything in the topic. I don't think it's a memory
management problem; that was the first thing I thought
of, and now when I run RoboHelp I make sure all other
applications are shut down. I've even rebooted and
started RoboHelp with no other applications running.
It still has the same problem.

Thinking it was a problem with an old build, I looked
for an upgrade, but when I try the link to the RH 2002
R2 download, I get a "404" error.

Any ideas?

http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com