Re: Authoring Tools Advice

Subject: Re: Authoring Tools Advice
From: Isaac Rabinovitch <isaacr -at- mailsnare -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 11:31:58 -0800

If you're already comfortable with either Microsoft Word or FrameMaker, I strongly recommend Webworks Publisher. The 2003 version supports every help file and markup format imaginable. And the skills you need to acquire, beyond the WP skills you already have, are minimal.

jbreger -at- ayalogic -dot- com wrote:

hello folks,

I am looking for advice on help authoring tools. Already I know about
RoboHelp and Help and Manual. What experiences have people had with those
tools?

I am part of a start-up software telecommunications company in Akron Ohio
and we are about to test our new product. I am in charge of documenation,
creating help files and training. Back in my old job I just did the
training and just pitched in on the help files and documentation.

Feel free to e-mail me with tool suggestions or any ideas you may have.
Thanks and Happy Holidays

Jonathan Breger
Ayalogic, Inc.
Akron, OH
jbreger -at- ayalogic -dot- com

lets you easily single-source content to online Help, intranet, and Web. The interface is designed for FrameMaker users, so there is little or no
learning curve and no macro language required! Call 800-718-4407 for competitive pricing or download a trial at: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l4

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com