Re: OY! Writer/Programmer Question re: Recruiter

Subject: Re: OY! Writer/Programmer Question re: Recruiter
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 17:16:50 -0800

Michele Davis wrote:

I really and truly believe that they should split the position in two, what do y'all techwhirlers think?

Yes, that would be sensible. But when did sense and recruiters have any necessary relation to one another? Take my advice and stop expecting the world to make sense; you'll sleep much better at night, and you'll never have to worry about high blood pressure.

Seriously, I'm seeing more and more ads like the one you mention, and I can only conclude that, while companies are hiring, they are trying to hire as few people as possible. That's not a bad thing if you happen to have the interdisiplinary skills a specific job requires, but many of these jobs go unfilled for a long time.

http://members.axion.net/~bbyfield

"From the hag and the hungry goblin
That into rags would rend you,
And the spirits that stand by the naked man
In the book of moons defend you."
-Traditioal, 17th Century

lets you easily single-source content to online Help, intranet, and Web. The interface is designed for FrameMaker users, so there is little or no
learning curve and no macro language required! Call 800-718-4407 for competitive pricing or download a trial at: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l4

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com