RE: EGOS

Subject: RE: EGOS
From: "Diane Boos" <dboos -at- drizzle -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 14:22:46 -0800

Isaac Rabinovitch wrote:
But remember that part of this communication is making people understand
your
role. Which usually means overcoming a lot of misconceptions about what
technical writers do.

I agree whole-heartedly! I've had to tell several managers that I was not a
glorified secretary. On one VB development team, the project manager
assigned me all the routine tasks, such as getting new team members
connections, passwords, etc. But I didn't feel to bad, he assigned a
developer the job of "social secretary." It all depends upon the structure
of the team. Getting all the routine nitty-gritty for the team certainly
gave me a good insight into the corporate culture.
Diane

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com