Re: EGOS

Subject: Re: EGOS
From: Peter <pnewman1 -at- optonline -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 19:29:16 -0500

Chuck Martin wrote:

"Peter" <pnewman1 -at- optonline -dot- net> wrote in message news:223810 -at- techwr-l -dot- -dot- -dot-

John Posada wrote:
At the same time, I understand that none of my stuff is the
best damn stuff ever produced, and therefore, I'm not the
best damn writer ever born. However, I want to be and I know
to be so requires work.

Don't we all believe that?

So...what's wrong with me wanting each of my documents to be
"the best damn piece of documentation you've ever seen"?

Nothing so long as your ego doesn't interfere with your ability to lose
sight of the goal, listen, learn and produce work.

And would you like your shoes shined as well, sir?

I ask what you mean? What is wrong with pride in one's work?

Do you agree or disagree with my statement. YOur answer confuses me.

See and be seen, that's our job? I don't think so. The goal is to make the
company successful, which is done by making the product--all of it,
including the user assistance--as "best" as possible. (Unless you have a
whiz-bang sales and marketing team that overwhelms potential customers with
mediocrity or a monopoly that keeps existing customers in a stranglehold.)

Yes, I believe in apple pie too. Just what does that statement have to do with pride?
See above!

--
Peter

Sisyphus had it easy

lets you easily single-source content to online Help, intranet, and Web. The interface is designed for FrameMaker users, so there is little or no
learning curve and no macro language required! Call 800-718-4407 for competitive pricing or download a trial at: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l4

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com