Re: MS Word template question

Subject: Re: MS Word template question
From: "Bonnie Granat" <bgranat -at- granatedit -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 23:09:35 -0500

Katie Henry wrote:
> I'm trying to update styles from a template (the "good" option), but
> wrestled with it some more today and I can't figure out what's
making
> the Normal style pick up the outline numbering property. I set it to
> none, save and close the file, open the file, it's changed back to
> outline numbering. The template maintains all the other settings
> except for that one. I looked at normal.dot, but nothing interesting
> there. Fortunately there are only half a dozen docs in my doc set,
so
> turning off Auto Update isn't the end of the world.
>
> I'm not sure what version of Word I'm using (it's my work machine,
> and I'm writing this at home), but it's recent -- probably either XP
> or 2000 or later.
>
> Thanks to everyone for your suggestions (and sympathy).
>
> Katie

Sometimes Normal.dot becomes corrupted. Take a perfect document based
on Normal.dot and save it as NewNormal.dot. Then delete your existing
Normal.dot from your computer. You have to close Word first to do
that. Then rename NewNormal.dot as Normal.dot.

Bonnie Granat
www.granatedit.com

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com