RE: Compiling Manual in MS Word

Subject: RE: Compiling Manual in MS Word
From: "Jason Alan Smith" <jsmith2156 -at- satx -dot- rr -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2004 18:39:32 -0600

I don't know if this is what you are looking for, but I have read briefly
about a feature in MS Word 2000 where you can setup a master document and
include sub-documents, though this does sound similar to your "file->insert"
that you sound like you are trying to avoid.

Sorry, I don't know much more about the master document features of MS Word,
just thought I'd share to see if it gives you a theory to try.

Apologies if this is not what you are looking for, or has been already
thought of, or just plain off the mark.

Jason