Re: Examining proficiency of job applicants in FrameMaker

Subject: Re: Examining proficiency of job applicants in FrameMaker
From: Ilona Koren-Deutsch <ilonakd -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 11:28:35 -0800 (PST)

--- Bonnie Granat <bgranat -at- granatedit -dot- com> wrote:

> Maybe you could ask applicants to take text
> from a text file and apply your company's template.
> Mix up the text a lot and see if they can create a
> coherent section.
>
> Or give them the assignment of writing a procedure
> on how to open a door. I was given that once.

Last job search, I was given the best tech writing
test I'd ever taken. Before I met with the senior
engineer and the software architect, I was told to
take notes because I would use the notes in my writing
test. What I had to do was write a general description
of the product and the procedure for using a feature
that they explained in depth. They had me do so on
paper, but what about a test like that, only using
Frame instead?

-Ilona

-Ilona