Re: Giving TW help: Are we training our replacements?

Subject: Re: Giving TW help: Are we training our replacements?
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: Peter <pnewman1 -at- optonline -dot- net>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2004 21:52:57 -0800

Peter wrote:

I agree with what you say, but to the extent you help in anticipation of being helped in exchange, I do not. The willingness to help others in a chosen profession is one of the hallmarks of a professional.

Bruce, from my prior correspondence and reading of many of your postings, without any shame, I accuse you of helping purely out of a sense of professionalism, without any expectation of being helped in return.

Actually, I'm a cold, grasping and cunning manipulator, who takes on the persona the better to lure unsuspecting people into my schemes. I'm sure I could find lots of people to back me on this one ;->

But, whatever the case, for whatever it's worth, I do believe that reciprocity is one of those cases where ethics and self-interest coincide. And who'd miss the chance to be smug AND to help themselves?

http://members.axion.net/~bbyfield

"Forget all the teeth that threaten to tear
Forget all the pains in your head
The meek and the weak shall inherit the earth
The savage and honest are dead."
- Bob Pegg, "All the Good Times"