RE: straw poll: do you type a command on, at, or in the command line?

Subject: RE: straw poll: do you type a command on, at, or in the command line?
From: "Elizabeth OShea" <elizabeth -dot- oshea -at- virtualaccess -dot- com>
To: "John Posada" <JPosada -at- isogon -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 16:26:04 -0000

>TW...as I think about my response, to be accurate, it is "AT the
>ommand Line PROMPT"

Absolutely. I hadn't even noticed that because my simple thoughts about
prepositions have led to questions about parts of the document that could
potentially encourage people to violate their license agreement and possibly
void their warranty!

To spring from this topic to a broader related one, I often find that small
queries like this (which preposition is most correct) lead to much larger
queries and, in some cases, a few hours' work. I expect I'm the only list
member who experiences this and, since it's Friday, people may wish to
contemplate and discuss this phenomenon.

elizabeth

Elizabeth OShea
Documentation
Virtual Access Ltd.