Anyone use EndNote7?

Subject: Anyone use EndNote7?
From: Dick Margulis <margulis -at- fiam -dot- net>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 15:44:13 -0500

A friend of a friend, sitting in the next room, working on a journal article, is using EndNote 7 (http://www.endnote.com).

This is a plug-in for Word or WordPerfect that accesses your database of references (you can have multiple databases), including accessing it over the Internet, and manages the insertion of callouts and the formatting of the end notes.

A cursory perusal indicates that you have to pick a note style from their library of styles, and if you don't find the style you want, you have two choices: You can ask them to add a style, which you can then download from their site; or you can apply whatever macros or search/replace strategy you want to on your own.

Anyway, this looks like an interesting and useful piece of software for people who have the need for it. But the question is, is there anyone out there this afternoon who has some expertise with the program and would be willing to provide some tips off-list to the user in the next room, who has only just started using it? If so, I'll put you in touch.

Thanks,

Dick