RE: Interesting site for software tech writers

Subject: RE: Interesting site for software tech writers
From: "Goldstein, Dan" <DGoldstein -at- DeusTech -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L (E-mail)" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 13:57:32 -0500

... said the self-employed writer?

> Humor has no place in a
> technical document...

... and Spolsky proves it. His "Miss Piggy" example on
http://tinyurl.com/3e67a is silly, lame, verbose, distracting,
unentertaining, and counterproductive.

But give credit where it's due: Spolsky's "Magazines will go so far..."
example on the same page is hilarious.

> In general, Spolsky is at the top of my overrated list. Stuff
> I've read by him is full
> badly reasoned arguments and brainless truisms...

Even "The Joel Test" (http://tinyurl.com/1s8w)?

Dan Goldstein