Re: OT - X-server restart?

Subject: Re: OT - X-server restart?
From: Isaac Rabinovitch <isaacr -at- mailsnare -dot- net>
To: techwr-l
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 12:57:27 -0800

John Cornellier wrote:

Does anyone know how to restart the X-server without logging out the user session? Red Hat 7.3.

Another stupid OT post. I guess I'm gonna have to do an email filter that bounces all list questions that begin with "OT". I mean, come on, people! It's bad enough to be sloppy about keeping your posts ontopic. But if you *know* this is the wrong place to ask your question, WTF ask it here? Is it because you're too lazy to look for the right place? Which would save you time, not to mention the time of all those list subscribers who have zero interest in your question.

Sorry for the flames, but this needed to be said. If anybody feels the need to lecture me on my manners, please do so offline -- don't waster any more public bandwidth.