Re: Agile software development and effect on techwriting

Subject: Re: Agile software development and effect on techwriting
From: John Cornellier <cornellier1 -at- stavanger -dot- oilfield -dot- slb -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 09:09:43 +0100

In most software projects there is a short period before commercialization where the UI & functionality are stable. Not two months though.

This is just before and during beta testing, when developers go into bug fixing mode; no new features are being added -- developers are just fixing any show stoppers.

I personally have never been involved in a software project where the release waited on documentation. Knock on wood.

John Cornellier