Re: Agile software development and effect on techwriting

Subject: Re: Agile software development and effect on techwriting
From: "T. Word Smith" <techwordsmith -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 05:13:15 -0800 (PST)

I have never been the critical path here, development
always has been. Although, there as been a concerted
effort by new management over the past quarter to
throw blame at tech pubs for delays, it doesn't stick
because we get done first (well, marketing is really
done first, we are second).

Don't folks at places like Adobe and Microsoft enjoy
several months of a stable beta?

--- Peter Neilson <neilson -at- alltel -dot- net> wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 09:09:43 +0100, John Cornellier
> <cornellier1 -at- stavanger -dot- oilfield -dot- slb -dot- com> wrote:
>
> > I personally have never been involved in a
> software project where
> > the release waited on documentation. Knock on
> wood.
>
> Tech-writing managers occasionally encounter
> attempts by engineering
> to blame product lateness on the "slowness" of the
> documentation effort.

=====
T.