Re: FrameMaker International

Subject: Re: FrameMaker International
From: "Mike O." <obie1121 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: techwr-l
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 08:55:15 -0500

Shlomo Perets wrote:
> I was told by the Israeli distributor that Adobe has different price
> lists for US distributors and for distributors in other countries,
> even if there is no localization effort.

This is widespread. I tried to sign up for a tech news service based in
India, and subscribers outside of India were charged three times as much as
Indian subscribers.

At least we know about it, since the Internet provides total price
transparency.

Sounds like an opportunity for some clever arbitreurs to bring the prices to
equilibrium.

Mike O.