Word Equation Editor

Subject: Word Equation Editor
From: "John Posada" <JPosada -at- isogon -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 11:02:22 -0500

Hi, guys...I've started using the Equation Editor in Word 2003 to layout
Command Line Syntax diagrams.

Around here, one of the conventions is to underline the option that is
the default. Simplistic example:

| ON |
CONFirm | | DATA
| OFF |

where the vertical bars are a set of brackets.

Anyway, I want to underline the ON to designate that it is the default.
However, the equation editor allows me to set a bold attrib and an
italic attrib, but not an underline. I also cannot find anything
suitable in the equation editor pallet, but I'm not a pro with it yet.

Any suggestions? BTW...Changing to a different equation editor (such as
Math-Type) is not an option.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
Isogon Corporation