RE: Documenting an XML format -- how much detail?

Subject: RE: Documenting an XML format -- how much detail?
From: Goober Writer <gooberwriter -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: France Baril <France -dot- Baril -at- ixiasoft -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 09:11:26 -0800 (PST)

Perhaps self-documenting is not the right term, but
the schema allows for documentation within it, and
anyone worth their salt should document their work...

--- France Baril <France -dot- Baril -at- ixiasoft -dot- com> wrote:
> Self documenting? I'd have to strongly disagree with
> you. When you have
> many schemas or DTD to work with, it becomes hard to
> understand what the
> purpose of each element is. I do not consider myself
> a newbie anymore,
> and I must say that very often I spend a lot of time
> trying to figure
> out the purpose of some schema or DTD elements,
> especially with large
> DTDs or schemas.

=====
Goober Writer
(because life is too short to be inept)

"As soon as you hear the phrase "studies show",
immediately put a hand on your wallet and cover your groin."
-- Geoff Hart

We can't all be as creative with sigs as krautgrrl. ;-)