RE: Tools: Getting off a blacklist?

Subject: RE: Tools: Getting off a blacklist?
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: 16 Jan 2004 01:00:38 GMT

None of the above. The people who are not receiving
your email are actively subscribing to the service
that's blocking your provider. If I subscribe to
such a service, it's pretty much the same as if I
blocked you myself, I'm just doing it by proxy (and
in fact, I'm regularly blocking whole domains that send
me spam, especially ones that come from outside the US,
and have used wildcards to block out entire nations,
such as Korea, Russia and the Netherlands).

Your best bet to ensure delivery of your mail is to
set up your own domain, then make very, very sure
that nobody manages to hijack it for spamming purposes.

Gene Kim-Eng