Re: CSS Philosophy

Subject: Re: CSS Philosophy
From: "Guy K. Haas" <guy -at- hiskeyboard -dot- com>
To: Isaac Rabinovitch <isaacr -at- mailsnare -dot- net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 17:36:36 -0800

Isaac Rabinovitch wrote:

Guy K. Haas wrote:

Isaac Rabinovitch wrote:

When you pick a nit, at least please report what browser has this problem.

Well, it's more than a nit, but I do owe you an apology. After studying your CSS, and doing some research, I'm forced to concede that there must be a bug in my browser's handling of relative positioning. It fails Eric Meyer's tests:

http://www.meyerweb.com/eric/css/tests/css2/sec09-08-02.htm

. . .

Thanks.

. . .

In brief -- your CSS does work (except on my buggy browser, which doesn't count), but it's a complicated, brittle solution for a problem that isn't actually a problem.

Wellll, that's mostly just a tweak away from the template provided by my blog host: TypePad. And I really really really really hate using tables for positioning. Need to investigate a better way of setting up the template for the 3-column blog.

--
Guy K. Haas
guy -at- hiskeyboard -dot- com | gkhaas -at- usa -dot- net