Mac OS X 10.2.6 (Jaguar) compliant help

Subject: Mac OS X 10.2.6 (Jaguar) compliant help
From: "Amit Chandra" <achandra -at- quark -dot- co -dot- in>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 05:05:26 -0700

Hi All,

I have made a Web help for Jaguar using RoboHelp X3. The Web help uses
HTML frames. Since, Apple HelpViewer (the default help viewer for Jaguar)
is based on HTML 3.2, I added some Javascript snippet to make frames work
in AppleHelp viewer. My questions:

a. When you click "back" button in Viewer, additional frames display
(three, four and so forth). The reason is coz I added
<base target=bsscright" to make frames work in help. I have seen this occuring in most browser based online helps. Any solution for this?

b. What are the other tools available for creating Online Help (specially
for Macintosh OS)? Any suggestions.

Thanks in advance....

Amty