Re: What I want to say/what is a TWer

Subject: Re: What I want to say/what is a TWer
From: Michele Davis <michele -at- krautgrrl -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 15:07:27 -0600

Chuck,

Being the risk taker that I am, I would probably do a sincere cover letter, and if I received an interview I would address my concerns in the interview. I have walked from several contracts as the head TWer because "management" thought documentation could be created without a data model. The companies I've worked for like to have writers spending hours retaking screen captures that were different from the spec. sheet and the beta has to go out the door tomorrow but code isn't stable, ahhhhh.... you're the TWer, get it done!

If you need the money, do the monkey dance as you seem confident you're qualified, but wait to air your grievances until the interview at the earliest.

As my programmer husband always says: "It took a team of monkeys to..." you fill in the blank.

--
Michele

I got out of Babylon, but there was no Zion. No Promised Land.
www.krautgrrl.com