Release Manager

Subject: Release Manager
From: "Karen E. Black" <kblack_text -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 06:11:02 -0500

Based on my ability, as Technical Writer, to consolidate the release notes, I have been "promoted" to Release Manager until our Release Manager comes back from maternity leave in March.

I get to remove the hat that says, in faintly printed letters, "Lead Quality Assurance Analyst." This is a good thing, since my latest project will be promoted this weekend. My "Technical Writer" hat has been lost in the wash for several years.

Another good thing (or several good things) -- all the stuff I wanted to know about releases 3 weeks in advance I can now easiily demand. I just have no time to publish the info.

And suddenly, my director wants to talk to me about "documentation." What documentation, I will say. We don't have any, after 128 years. For ROI, for training, for development requirements, for future platform migration to web? All of a sudden, I am getting excited about my job(s).

Forgive the wallowing, it isn't even Friday.

Karen Black in Toronto, BA, n/a

The new MSN 8: advanced junk mail protection and 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/bcomm&pgmarket=en-ca&RU=http%3a%2f%2fjoin.msn.com%2f%3fpage%3dmisc%2fspecialoffers%26pgmarket%3den-ca