Re: LinuxWorld Show...where's the beef?

Subject: Re: LinuxWorld Show...where's the beef?
From: Peter <pnewman1 -at- optonline -dot- net>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 20:47:48 -0500

Peter wrote:

There is a dearth of desktop app vendors, (I found only two,) but the tools for developing abound. There were discussions about cross platform integration, fat vs. thin clients and security/ The emphasis was on enterprise applications. e.g. www.pgatour.com. I think it telling that those who were using laptops to take notes, were mostly using Word and in most of the presentations I saw, the speakers augmented with PowerPoint. If you get an honest guy talking off the record, you will have an admission that Linux still isn't ready for prime time.

Oops, sent too soon.
Although IBM has set up a Small to Medium Business unit, charged with working with those who wish to develop for or market in that area, it had no representatives at the show.

--
Peter

Sisyphus had it easy