Re: You're not the only person who can write

Subject: Re: You're not the only person who can write
From: Goober Writer <gooberwriter -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Steven Brown <stevenabrown -at- yahoo -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 07:36:25 -0800 (PST)

> So what do I do? Just like you said, I'm trying to
> focus on process improvement. I see huge
> inefficiencies in the way information moves from
> product management to development and then out to
> the masses. That's my priority.

First, find the holes and make them known to people as
an issue. Not just because it's difficult for you, but
show them what happens as a result of broken
communication (wrong features implemented, unneeded
rework, missed deadlines, whatever). And, propose a
solution that you think will work, for everyone.
Whether it's centralized documents that everyone can
access and comment on, or proper handoff and signoff
on internal documents, or whatever. The solution is
custom, but the approach is not; find the holes and
fix them.

=====
Goober Writer
(because life is too short to be inept)

"As soon as you hear the phrase "studies show",
immediately put a hand on your wallet and cover your groin."
-- Geoff Hart

We can't all be as creative with sigs as krautgrrl. ;-)

http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/