RE: Self-promo in dangerous times

Subject: RE: Self-promo in dangerous times
From: mlist -at- ca -dot- rainbow -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 09:35:54 -0500

> -----Original Message-----
> From: John Posada [mailto:writer -at- tdandw -dot- com]
> Sent: January 28, 2004 11:09 AM

[a nice, comprehensive list of things-to-do to impress management]

I'm already doing most of that, or the equivalents that are possible around
here. For example, our building is closed on weekends, but I always lug my
laptop home and all sorts of people are accustomed to getting pertinent (and
occasionally cogent) e-mails from me with time-stamps that suggest that I
never sleep. :-)

There were a few items that I'll be sure to take on board... thanks.

I know that I've got strong advocates in my manager and in the Veep of
Engineering, among others, but there are no guarantees that either of them
will be retained. The decision-making is likely already done, and it was
done at the purchasing company, not here where they know me.

Well, when I'm not typing, I'll have my fingers and toes firmly crossed.

Cheers,

/kevin