Re: Question about Word 2000

Subject: Re: Question about Word 2000
From: "Ed Wurster" <eawurster -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 09:12:10 -0500

Guy wrote:
> A page that she formats carefully on her system sometimes runs longer
> on my system, so it spills to the next sheet -- I have to find ways
> to shave length off it without grossly affecting the layout.

Check standard stuff like paragraph format, font, and so on.

First thing I check is character spacing. Format > Font > Character Spacing.
Always use kerning. You can also change character spacing there.

You can change leading by a slight amount and pick up extra lines on each
page.

Last resort would be to reduce the font size by .5 point.

It would help to look at her Word setup, and see if she is using normal
style. It would help greatly if she created a new paragraph style, and went
forward from there.

It's also possible that she has hyphenation turned on, and you don't.

Ed