Re: Doing Your Own Art

Subject: Re: Doing Your Own Art
From: Anthony Davey <ant -at- ant-davey -dot- com>
To: "Johnson, Mike (MED, OEC)" <Mike -dot- Johnson -at- med -dot- ge -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 19:37:48 +0000

Mike,

One method I have heard of, but not used myself, is to take actual digital photographs, then on another layer on Photoshop or whatever, do an outline drawing of the neccessary detail.

As I said, I haven't done it, so don't know how easy it is, especially without a tablet and 'pen'.

Best regards,
Ant

Johnson, Mike (MED, OEC) wrote:

so that means the writers are going to have to take up the slack and do their own art work. Although I've been in this business a long time I have never had to do all of my own line art before.
I've done lots of block diagrams, captioned photographs, and screen shots, but never generated any line art from scratch. We are going to have to determine how to produce pictures of the human figure operating complex equipment, etc. Stick figures won't cut it.