How to Resize GIFs in Webworks Professional 2003 for Framemaker

Subject: How to Resize GIFs in Webworks Professional 2003 for Framemaker
From: "T. Word Smith" <techwordsmith -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 06:31:12 -0800 (PST)

I have some recommendations:

This question is pretty tool specific.

2) HTML doesn't use resolution. In converting your
non-Web-ready or manipulated image, WWP does print
your graphic via PostScript ....

3) Checkout the graphics macros (Style > Designer >
Graphics). You can modify the default macro, which
will let you do thumbnails or resize the output, or
you can create your own graphics macros and apply them
by using GraphicStyle markers in FrameMaker.

4) I am otherwise unsure what you are doing. I have
not seen your post on the Yahoo group, maybe you
missed it in your Internet search.

5) Resizing rasters always degrades quality if you
delete pixels; always. Better to create the original
with your output in mind.

> Subject: How to Resize GIFs in Webworks Professional
> 2003 for Framemaker
>
> If there a way to change the size of GIF files, so
> that they do not have
> the Webworks default DPI?
>
> I wrote a one-line macro for the keyword "GIF",
> checked the "use macro"
> checkbox, unchecked the "import by reference
> checkbox", and regenerated
> the project. Nothing I do has any effect on the size
> of the output GIF
> files.
>
> I have searched all over the web for a solution to
> this. The only solution
> I have found involves creating a new Rasterizer
> marker in Framemaker,
> which involves a lot of handwork. I also tried to
> batch resize all the GIF
> files using various freeware tools I found on the
> web, but the quality was
> not very good.
>
> Any reasonable suggestions are welcome.

=====