Re: Javadoc resources for tech writers?

Subject: Re: Javadoc resources for tech writers?
From: "Guy K. Haas" <guy -at- hiskeyboard -dot- com>
To: lyndsey -dot- amott -at- docsymmetry -dot- com
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 14:55:21 -0800

lyndsey -dot- amott -at- docsymmetry -dot- com wrote:

Joyce Fetterman writes:

I'm editing Javadoc that was written by offshore developers. I don't know
Java, so I'm already at a loss, and the translation errors just add to the
confusion.

As far as I remember, Javadoc is not written, rather it is generated in much the same way as a toc in Word or Frame. It picks up some or all of the following:

Not so, Lyndsey--

Programmers (should) embed comments about purpose of class, purpose of method, nature of arguments, etc. THAT's the stuff that needs editing.

--
Guy K. Haas
guy -at- hiskeyboard -dot- com | gkhaas -at- usa -dot- net