Re: MINIMUM FONT SIZE FOR READABILITY

Subject: Re: MINIMUM FONT SIZE FOR READABILITY
From: "Mike O." <obie1121 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: techwr-l
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 11:45:09 -0500

Also following up on the recent post about usability of candidate websites:
The conventional wisdom is that older readers need larger fonts. I compared
the "About the Candidate" pages of three current US Presidential candidates.
Bush and Kerry seemed to have the largest fonts, and Dean has the smallest.

http://www.georgebush.com/Bios/GeorgeWBush.aspx
http://www.johnkerry.com/about/
http://www.deanforamerica.com/site/cg/index.html?type=page&pagename=about_bi
ography

The Bush site seemed to be the same size as Kerry's, which was spec'ed at
12px, although Kerry added additional line spacing, which made it look a
little more readable to me. They all seemed very readable to me.

Here's more info:
http://www.optimizationweek.com/reviews/president/

Mike O.