Re: Web CT / Blackboard

Subject: Re: Web CT / Blackboard
From: "Diane Boos" <dboos -at- drizzle -dot- com>
To: "Techwr-l" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 08:00:44 -0800

> I've been looking at a few jobs in my area that are related to training /
> online course design and most of them mention that they want you to have
> experience with Web CT or Blackboard. Can someone please give me a brief
> overview of what these programs are and if you can learn them quickly?
> Thanks!

A student's perspective: I used Blackboard for a networking, protocols, and
communications class when I was doing my Master's in Computer Science over a
year ago. I had just had switched ISPs because of a horrible mess in Qwest
DSL and MSN migration. Blackboard was easy to use, but I didn't like it. The
teacher posted everything as PowerPoint slides. It took forever to download
and usually locked up. When you could get it to download, you had to view
the slides in their frame. There was no provision for opening them in
another window. Some of the slides were complicated and you could not
distinquish the text.

Hope that helps,
Diane