Re: Make pixel shim invisible?

Subject: Re: Make pixel shim invisible?
From: lyndsey -dot- amott -at- docsymmetry -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 00:07:58 -0500

Geoff Hart writes:

You may also have to futz around with the properties of the GIF, depending on how your authoring software imports it.

Authoring software? Notepad!
Thanks to everyone for their ideas. I tried everyone's suggestions, but nothing I did to the pixel shim GIF changed its appearance. I blame it on Microsoft.
I tried the &nbsp, which worked, except that I needed a hanging indent, and things looked funny when the text wrapped.
I can't use CSS (too complicated to explain why), so I tried Geoff's table idea, even though I was already working in a table. Eureka! But it still looks odd, probably because I am working in a narrow table column. I think I'll just create a separate, non-table page for this part.
Thanks again.
Lyndsey Amott
www.docsymmetry.com
Winnipeg, MB R3G 2J3