going way OT (RE: Re: Re: Legal English (was RE: Using M-dash and N-dash?))

Subject: going way OT (RE: Re: Re: Legal English (was RE: Using M-dash and N-dash?))
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: obie1121 -at- yahoo -dot- com, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: 11 Feb 2004 21:11:01 GMT

Fair enough, and I would understand if Bono had been told
"We're all lawyers and we use legalese in drafting laws so
that the average citizen won't be able to understand them
without lawyers and won't be able to recognize how we're
misappropriating their taxes." Of course, that wouldn't
have done anything to improve Congress' esteem either.

Ok, that's my last post on this line of thought. I'm
redesigning my company's document templates this week,
and need to go delete some more jargon, memes, tropes,
and impenetrable general boilerplate.

Gene Kim-Eng