Re: Using M-dash and N-dash

Subject: Re: Using M-dash and N-dash
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: <holmegm -at- comcast -dot- net>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 06:31:08 -0800

I think it has more to do with the corporate jets, Mercedes and
BMW company cars, executive salaries 50x what the hands-on
staff were making, etc., while trying to make a business plan out
by sticking "e-" in front of things that nobody really wanted to
buy online. It's the companies that paid attention to costs and
focused their efforts on on-time delivery of things customers
actually cared about enough to pay for that are managing to keep
their doors open in tough times without "rightsizing" their tech
writing staffs out of existence (and tech writing staffs that aligned
their attentions to those of their upper management that managed
to avoid getting labeled "nonessential cost centers"). But that's
just my opinion.

Gene Kim-Eng