RE: About mil/heavy industries documentation standards (long)

Subject: RE: About mil/heavy industries documentation standards (long)
From: "Broberg, Mats" <mabr -at- flir -dot- se>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 09:26:48 +0100

> Conclusion:
> Good looking documents are only an improvement once the
> information is
> correct, complete, and well organised. Only then should font
> size become a
> preoccupation.

Eric,

I can not agree with this.

We both know that 100 % correct and 100 % complete technical
documentation don't exist. I bet my hat that critical information is
easier to find in a typographically & visually sound presentation of
partly incomplete and incorrect content, than it is to find in a 100 %
complete and correct manual that is poorly designed.

That does not mean that one should not try to make a manual as correct
and complete as possible. Ofcourse one should.

Sincerely,
Mats Broberg
Technical Documentation Manager

FLIR Systems