RE: Queries on Single Sourcing

Subject: RE: Queries on Single Sourcing
From: "Bill Swallow" <wswallow -at- nycap -dot- rr -dot- com>
To: "'Peter Neilson'" <neilson -at- alltel -dot- net>, "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 03:37:33 -0500

Your philosophy is correct but your take on single-sourcing is horrible.
Just because your company failed to successfully single-source does not mean
it cannot be done well. Believe me; you cannot tell a good help system made
by hand from a one made by single-sourcing.

If the help sucks, it's the author's fault, not the process. That is, the
process is only as good as the people defining and following it.

Bill Swallow
wswallow "at" nycap "dot" rr "dot" com