RE: Industry Standards Resource

Subject: RE: Industry Standards Resource
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: twins398 -at- hotmail -dot- com, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: 13 Feb 2004 17:26:51 GMT

There really is no such thing as a "tech writing industry."
Technical writing supports many different industries, and
most industries have their own standards (whether they
follow them or not is another matter). The first thing
you should do is look for published standards in whatever
industry you're working. Just reading this forum for a
while should demonstrate that there's nothing in tech
writing that enjoys universal acceptance from those who do
it for a living.

Gene Kim-Eng