RE: GoLive vs. Dreamweaver

Subject: RE: GoLive vs. Dreamweaver
From: "Rick Bishop" <bishopr -at- jcdc -dot- jobcorps -dot- org>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 15:35:02 -0600

As a Web administrator of 14 sites and 50,000 pages, I literally cringe when I see anything made in Front Page. I know there will be helpdesk calls with problems encountered in these pages, not to mention slow-loading or no-loading. It's sometimes simpler to clean up the pages myself than to explain the potential problems to the 'author.' FP is touted as "Super Easy", and "Anyone can make a commercial site." Nothing could be further from the truth. I use and appreciate most MS products, but not this one.

Stik w/Dreamweaver Nothing is perfect but it comes closer than most. If you have problems with massive replacements, use ReplacEm, Hutmil or NoteTab lite. 1st page 2k is ok, but is often

Best of all is to download a free trial of each of your finalists and use it seriously for a month. Then you won't have any difficulty deciding.

Rick

>>> Sean Hower <hokumhome -at- freehomepage -dot- com> 02/13/04 10:15AM >>>
Rachael Lininger wrote:
I am likely to need some web design package -- if for no better reason
than that it's easier for me to spend hundreds on specialized software
than to get a $ -at- #%^! freeware text editor approved. I could probably get
either Dreamweaver or GoLive. Having never used either, I have no
personal investment in a tool -- "good enough" is all I need. I'd kind
of rather get GoLive, but not if it's still as unstable as the archives
indicated in Jan 2003.