Re: Speed menu vs shortcut menu

Subject: Re: Speed menu vs shortcut menu
From: "Subash" <subash_tc -at- speedpost -dot- net>
To: Kirsty -dot- Taylor -at- mincom -dot- com, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 21:13:48 -0800

Hi Kirsty,

The term, "speed menu" is synonymous with "context menu." I have come
acrosss the term in a couple of web pages of Windows-based products, but
I don't think it is a popular term. "Speed menu" is not replacing
"context menu" or "shortcut menu" in any way because users are familiar
with the terms and leading players in software like Microsoft don't
endorse it. Do a search in google and you will come across a lot of
instances of the word, speed menu.

It may be neologism arised out of a (creative) writer's urge to
communicate to the users that they can use a "fast and easy shortcut" by
right-clicking rather than clicking a menu and selecting an option. :)

~Subash

--
Subash Babu
subash_tc -at- speedpost -dot- net