RE: It's what It's. OH THAT ONE !!

Subject: RE: It's what It's. OH THAT ONE !!
From: <technicoid -at- cableone -dot- net>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 12:43:34 -0700

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 13:41 , Mailing List <mlist -at- ca -dot- rainbow -dot- com> sent:

>Your prof probably never met a person who was not totally
>proficient in English -- at least not one that she suffered
>gladly (which leaves out hapless students...).
>
>I have it on reliable testimony that proper use of "that"
>makes many English sentences easier to parse than the same
>sentences without "that". Some of the people who have made
>the statement or chosen between samples of both options
>have included native speakers of French, Polish, Russian,
>Hungarian, Farsi, Spanish, and a bunch more.

It's much easier to translate without having to confirm the meaning as well. If you want to
waste a translator's time, leave out all of the optional syntactic elements of a sentence.

Bill
technicoid -at- cableone -dot- net

Message sent via MyMail - http://MyMail.CableONE.net