RE: RoboHelp for FrameMaker

Subject: RE: RoboHelp for FrameMaker
From: Brian Jennings <BrianJennings -at- cougarmtn -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 09:46:45 -0700

Short answer. Yes.

RH 4 FM is capable of manipulating FM files in many ways. This is largely
based on Paragraph styles. For example, you could have RH 4 FM automatically
create a new .htm help topic for every Heading 1 in your FM document. In my
case I'm basically taking the book I have in Frame and using the entire book
as the source for the .chm. I then have it break a few of the headings into
individual topics in the help file. If I don't want parts of the original FM
text to appear in the .chm I can use conditional text or tell RH 4 FM to
ignore entire FM source files or even tell it not to output some paragraph
styles. I also con basicalyl define exactly how I want it to name the .html
topics in the .chm. They can be based on the Heading (Welcome to this Guide
would become the .html topic "Welcome to this Guide.html").

let me know if you need more clarification. If you like FM and need to
output the same content to print, pdf, and/or online .chm or webhelp I would
highly recommend looking at RH 4 FM.

Brian