RE: TW Contract offer

Subject: RE: TW Contract offer
From: "John Posada" <JPosada -at- isogon -dot- com>
To: "Karen E. Black" <kblack_text -at- hotmail -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 16:34:39 -0500

Something you (and others) might want to try.

Before an interview, I emailed each previous manager who I'd worked for
that said s/he'd give me a reference, just to make sure the reference
offer was still good.

In it, I pretty much said

"Hi, [name], At the end of our relationship, you said you would be
willing to give a reference if I needed it. I'm going in for an
interview and if I need it, just checking to make sure the offer is
still good...and by the way, if you're looking for a writer, I'd be
happy to talk."

You may get a response, something along the lines of:

"Funny you should ask."

...like I did

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer