RE: Re: Best idea of the week, make that year. Yeah, yeah, I know the year just started

Subject: RE: Re: Best idea of the week, make that year. Yeah, yeah, I know the year just started
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: cm -at- writeforyou -dot- com, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: 20 Feb 2004 19:50:16 GMT

Because the charge statement shows the name of the
company's account with the credit card carrier, not
what the purchase was. In order to do what you're
suggesting, the company would have to open a separate
account for every product it sells. It costs a
*minimum* of $5000 to open an account with VISA,
AMEX, MC, etc., because you have to post a bond to
ensure the carrier will be able to pull funds back
out if a cardholder disputes a charge (the amount of
the required bond varies with the amount of business
you do with the carrier). That's $5000 for *each card,*
so if you want to accept VISA, MC, AMEX and Discover
you're talking about coughing up $20,000 per account.

Gene Kim-eng