Re: PVCS and RoboHelp

Subject: Re: PVCS and RoboHelp
From: "Mike O." <obie1121 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: techwr-l
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 10:07:00 -0500

Rowles, Carol wrote:
> We have been using PVCS with Robohelp, but RoboHelp didn't like
> opening read only projects so it wouldn't let us compile against a
> reference directory. So, the way around it was to check everything out
> and build everything locally.
> Does anyone else use PVCS with Robohelp? Any thoughts?

Can you find out which files RoboHELP is complaining about being read-only?
I bet it's only a few makefiles that RH needs to write to.

If RH permits it, maybe you can keep the makefiles locally, while keeping
the content source read-only in PVCS.

Sorry, I don't have RH handy, and it's been a while since I used it, so I
can't verify if that's possible.

Mike O.