Re: Best idea of the week, make that year.

Subject: Re: Best idea of the week, make that year.
From: "Paul Strasser" <paul -dot- strasser -at- ennovationinc -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 08:42:31 -0700

> I'm not sure there is a single best answer for what information should
> be included on a credit card statement to satisfy everyone here, but
> there are plenty of situations where leaving it a bit cryptic provides a
> certain level of privacy.

"Cryptic" can also provide a certain level of utter confusion.

On a lighter note, even the name of the company can do this, and give you
that wonderful "What the heck is THAT charge" reaction when you look at your
Visa statement.

A few years ago a rather hefty charge appeared on my statement from a
company named BRAC. Neither my wife nor I new what it was, and the date of
the charge made no sense.

I called the credit card company. They looked it up, and BRAC stood for
Budget Rent A Car. We'd rented a car about two weeks earlier than the date
shown (and would have been on the previous statement.) It took a while for
the transaction to run through their system. And there was absolutely no
reason why BRAC couldn't be replaced with "Budget Rentacar" or something.

Can companies improve what appears on credit card statements? You betcha.

Paul Strasser
Ennovation, Inc.
2569 Park Lane, Suite 100
Lafayette, Colorado 80026