RE: It did happen on a Friday...

Subject: RE: It did happen on a Friday...
From: "Goldstein, Dan" <DGoldstein -at- DeusTech -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L (E-mail)" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 11:55:25 -0500

Hi Kevin,

The question isn't whether the doc will be read by a slave. It's whether it
will be read by a lot of people (not just one) who would be offended by the
term.

If they're offended, then I don't care whether their reaction is justified.
Their reaction is a barrier to clear communication. I should avoid that
reaction by using another word that clearly communicates my intent.

My job is not to teach people how to react emotionally to various words. My
job is to communicate clearly about technical matters.

Regards,

Dan